What are the requirements to become a foster parent with CFCS?
CFCS foster parents:
• Are age 25+
• Have physical space for a child
• Have stable housing and finances
• Are physically and emotionally able to care for a child with challenging behaviors
• Have availability to meet with the child’s CFCS social worker weekly in the home during business hours
• Are able to be a supportive member of the treatment team, including advocating for a child’s needs, attending school meetings, attending quarterly treatment meetings
• Complete thorough background check including review of criminal history, DCF history, and fingerprinting
Open Your Home To A Child
The need for loving, nurturing caretakers is greater than ever. CFCS recruits and supports new families who can provide transitional and/or permanent care for children who have been referred to the state foster care system. Learn more.
Lend A Hand
Become a CFCS volunteer! We are a small nonprofit with a broad constituency, and we depend on help from volunteers who provide their time or expertise to help with facilities, events and our holiday gift drive. Find out more.
Share Your Story
Serving the community for over 140 years, CFCS has an ever-expanding archive of inspiring stories from our youth, families, staff, donors, and volunteers. We want to hear from you: how did CFCS touch your life? Tell us here.