Senior Human Resources Manager
TITLE: Senior Human Resources Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
HOURS: Flexible schedules considered; 30 hours per week
REVISION DATE: June 12th, 2017
Cambridge Family and Children’s Service (CFCS) is one of the oldest human services agencies in Greater Boston. Founded in 1873 as the Avon Home, an orphanage for local children, CFCS has a long and distinguished history of serving children, adolescents, individuals and families in the Cambridge area, Greater Boston and its suburbs. Today CFCS provides services for foster and group care, adoption, developmental disabilities, and family support, all programs that support individuals and strengthen families in more than 100 cities and towns throughout Massachusetts.
PURPOSE & SCOPE:
The Senior Human Resource Manager (SHRM) is a key management position reporting directly to the Executive Director and overseeing the Human Resource Operations Manager. The SHRM is directly responsible for the oversight and operation of the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function and implementation of a Human Resource strategy in support of the agency’s mission. The person in this role would oversee several key agency functions, such as employment, compensation, benefits, training, and employee relations. The SHRM would advise management on staff and employment laws, policies, and practices and would be responsible with implementing a human resources strategy and related programs for CFCS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and administer various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel;
• Plan, organize and control all Human Resource Activities; Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems;
• Develop talent management strategies and practices and talent acquisition strategies and implementation;
• Implement and oversee a strategic employee engagement program; assists with staff training initiatives and staff retention efforts.
• Implements and annually updates compensation program; updates job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys; analyzes compensation levels; administers, monitors & revises the performance evaluation program as necessary;
• Play a key role, assisting to develop, recommend and implementing personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program and cash flow;
• Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; writes and places advertisements; conducts new-employee orientations; employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing; Prepares all hire and termination letters as well as any changes in employment status that would be deemed necessary.
• Conduct an evaluation of HRIS systems to improve efficiency and improve the employee experience and provide oversight, evaluation and, as needed, implementation of the Human Resource systems;
• Provide oversight to ensure the establishment and maintenance of department HR records and reports by Human resource Operations Manager;
• Provide oversight of the maintenance of the human resource/Payroll database, including all electronic formats of hard copy personnel files, by the Human Resource Operations Manager,
• Ensure the establishment and maintenance of employee records, orientation packages, and all forms and checklists related to employment, benefits and payroll;
• Facilitate all employment issues between staff, management and CFCS’s labor attorney;
• Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings & trainings, such as seminars;
• Ensures CFCS compliance with all federal and state employment and labor laws and regulations.
• Report out to management monthly on open positions, upcoming payroll changes, state or federal laws or benefit changes;
• Communicate via e-mail, hard copy memos, letters or presentations as needed to educate staff on human resource matters including annual update at All Staff meetings;
• Prepare all compliance mandated reporting including reporting required for the Affordable Care Act, Retirement Account, and various census reports;
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Strong knowledge of state and federal labor laws; Experience working with Payroll software; Human Resources; Accounting and/or auditing experience; supervisory experience;
• Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher, and a minimum of five years’ human resource experience;
• SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification preferred.
• Clearance of background checks as required by State and Federal law.